License to Use
All of the content and writing contained in this website are the copyrighted property of Patricia Eileen Carter, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. This website is provided solely for your personal noncommercial use. You may not use this site or the materials available on this site in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us. More specifically, unless explicitly authorized in these Terms of Service or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, translate, sell, create derivative works, or exploit any material from this site. You may, however, print, share, or post (via social media or email) individual pages or writing from this site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Privacy and Confidentiality
PatriciaCarterLMFT.com respects your personal privacy and provides this informational statement so that you may better understand how we may collect, aggregate, and use personal information about you. Future changes to this privacy statement will be announced on the website at least one week prior to the effective date of the change. This privacy statement describes the privacy practices for this website.
PatriciaCarterLMFT.com is committed to safeguarding consumer privacy on this website. We operate under the following set of strict privacy principles:
- The only information PatriciaCarterLMFT.com obtains about individual visitors to this website is that supplied voluntarily by visitors. In cases when PatriciaCarterLMFT.com may need personal information to provide visitors with customized content or to inform them about new features or services, visitors are explicitly asked for that information.
- Personally identifiable information provided by visitors (name, e-mail, or telephone number, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone unless visitors indicate that PatriciaCarterLMFT.com may do so.
- Only statistical information about visitors as a group may be maintained. Personally identifiable information will not be shared at any time without the visitor’s permission. All important information is otherwise private, and will not be made available to any other use of the website, or any other person or entity in general, without the consent of the user.
There are two important exceptions to our assurances of confidentiality:
- United States law requires that any suspicion of risk of child abuse be reported to child welfare authorities or law enforcement authorities. If I believe that a child is at risk of being abused, has already been abused, or that someone who previously abused children is still a threat, I have no choice but to immediately make every effort possible to report it to social services agencies. United States law requires that any suspicion of risk of child abuse be reported to child welfare authorities or law enforcement authorities.
- Most United States courts have the power to subpoena my records if you are involved in a court case in which your relationship with louislaveswebb.com is somehow relevant. Although this may be rare, if you have any questions, it is better to contact your lawyer prior to disclosing any information you may deem private.
- Texas and United States law requires that there is a duty to report eminent cases of suicide or homicide.
This website contains material that is designed to be educational and/or informative in nature and is not intended in any way to be a substitute for face-to-face professional advice. Persons seeking such advice should consult with a legally certified mental health professional. The content offered on this site should not be relied upon for diagnosis or treatment of a mental or medical condition. Do not disregard professional advice or delay seeking professional advice as a result of something you have read on this website. This website should not be construed as offering online professional advice, and no therapeutic relationship is established by your use of this site. While some of the material may prove to be beneficial, benefits are in no way guaranteed.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE OR FEEL THAT YOU MAY BE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR TO OTHERS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 AND NOTIFY THE POLICE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
Links to Third Party Websites
This site contains links to other websites, sometimes called "third-party" websites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. PatriciaCarterLMFT.com is not responsible for the content and activities of linked third-party sites and does not make any representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to any content or material or the accuracy of any content or material on such third-party websites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of this site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
This policy was last modified on September 9, 2013.
Limitation of Liability and Warranties
User’s reliance on any information provided on the website is solely at the risk of the User. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. USER AGREES TO USE THE SITE SOLELY AT USER’S OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR CONTENT OF ANY AND ALL MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES POSTED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Provider is not liable for the conduct of other Users or third parties and the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with User. Provider is not liable for damages of any nature including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of User’s use of the website or inability to access or use the website or out of any breach of any warranty.